Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Local Beauty in a Nutshell

From left to right: Ultimate Detox activated charcoal and clay facial mask, Queen City Alchemy; rose water, Bee Haven Blueberry Blossom honey, Findlay Market; Dee Dee's Rise and Grind body scrub*, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Lemon and rose water toner, night cream and Environmental Defense Day cream, Onederings Lavender Farm, and lavender lip balm, Onederings Lavender Farm, Findlay Market. Not shown: Lavender Vitamin C Hydrating serum, Onederings Lavender Farm, Findlay Market.


Since I launched this blog, I have been giving my take on Cincinnati's black history and culture, linking some of our iconic landmarks to our black history. Today, I wanted to be lighthearted and share something a little personal.

Summer is upon us, and I have been scaling back on my makeup routine and focused more on skincare. As with oily and acne prone skin like mine and at my age, skincare becomes more important than ever. That being said, I am going to show you my keys to great year round skin.

Ingredients:

Facial Mask

Ultimate Detox facial mask, Queen City Alchemy, 1 tsp
rose water, 1 tsp
honey, 2-3 drops
squeeze of lemon juice from fresh lemons


Directions

1. Wash and exfoliate face with the coffee scrub, using gentle circular motions.

1. Combine all ingredients until the mixture forms paste like consistency.



2. Spread mixture onto clean face and allow to dry for 15-20 mins.

3. Remove mask with facial cloth or rinse with cool water as cool water tightens pores.

Toner

4. Mix equal parts rose water,witch hazel, and filtered water in travel size spray bottle.

5. Apply to clean face to remove any traces of the mask remaining.



6. Apply vitamin C hydrating serum to wherever you feel you need the most. I apply this on my t-       zone, under eyes, and dark spots. Leave on for about 30 mins. and apply either day or night cream to skin. You can also leave the serum on overnight for best results.

 7. For nourished lips, I once again applied coffee scrub to my lips, rinsed and applied lavender lip   balm.



Final thoughts:

I have included lavender in my regular beauty care as lavender has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It is very calming, and people use lavender in forms such as room deodorizer and as linen spray.

Honey also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and is sweeter that refined sugar.

Best of all, many of these products were produced locally!!!

 *-African American owned business










No comments:

Post a Comment