Saturday, July 20, 2019

Cincinnati's Favorite Aunt






On and off, I have been hearing good buzz about this pillar of the community named Aunt Flora's. She has been around for exactly 20 years this year, but I haven't had an opportunity to taste and see what she is all about, so I squeezed in some time to attend her grand reopening at Findlay Market Friday morning. Born Katrina Mincey, she started at a Findlay Market stall back in the early 2000s and has been known nationally for her unique touch on Southern comfort food, particularly her fruit cobblers. When I tasted both her berry and peach cobblers, I can tell that this is nothing but Cincinnati and her love for this crown jewel.



Ceremonial cutting of the cobbler


Aunt Flora and Martha Stewart

Aunt Flora and Oprah Winfrey-apologies for the glare!




Though her cobblers are her signature, Aunt Flora also does casseroles, cakes, BBQ sauce, and coffee. It was the latter that inspired me to create a DIY coffee body scrub.







Coffee body scrub

Most of America needs that quintessential jolt in the AM, but what very few people know is that coffee treatments are a beauty trend that is hot and happening right now. If you want a bit more boost in your morning, take a gander at the skin benefits coffee has to offer. Hemp oil is slowly becoming the one and done go to for organic health and beauty. And now, for the scrub.

3 tbsp Aunt Flora's Gourmet Coffee

3 tbsp organic hemp oil-Manitoba Harvest is a good one to use








Mix both ingredients until the mixture has a near paste consistency. That's it!

This is a great exfoliate for face, body, and lips and can be applied in the shower!

For a more affordable substitute for hemp oil, olive oil and coconut oil are also good ones to use.

Every skin type is different, so essential oils are an awesome way to enhance your scrub according to your skin care needs. For me, I have added lavender and tea tree oil as I have oily and acne prone skin.





Cincinnati's favorite aunt-and now, My favorite aunt-is back, and she is here to stay!



2 comments:

  1. Yasssss we love Aunt Flora too.

    Hey Carol how are you?

    I love your blog 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well! I am so happy that you love my blog!

      Delete