Tuesday, April 9, 2019

An Invitation



A wise woman said, "Happiness is great food, great people, and a great day on the town!" Oh, wait...that wise woman is me!



I was born in Chicago and when I was seven years old, my mother passed away, and I was moved to Cincinnati to be raised by an aunt and uncle.




One of my first introductions to Cincinnati culture was the weekend trips with my uncle to Findlay Market. It was there that he would buy ingredients to prepare his Sunday meals to be eaten after church services. I was then introduced to Cincinnati chili, which was a total 360 from any other chili that I've experienced before!




When I was in the sixth grade, I participated in a middle school musical called "Cincinnati, A Musical History Tour" It was there that I got a really cool education about Cincinnati history and culture.




Fast Forward. I am now a Cincy USA Certified Tourism Ambassador, local culture guide, and an all around "visitor center in motion". I love being a tourism evangelist, spreading the gospel of all things Cincy!

Cincinnati does have a very strong heritage: European, brewery, baseball, and culinary. What very few people realize is that Cincinnati has a rich and robust African-American heritage and culture, and I am determined to change that by sharing Black Cincinnati through history, food, sites of interest, and everything in between!



So many people, places, things, ideas, and smells of this city have influenced me, and now, I want to share these with you. I invite you to come along with me on my tour.


Welcome to my Black Cincinnati!



Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment