Monday, November 25, 2019

Cincinnati Black Restaurant Week: My Rundown

Image result for cincinnati black restaurant week logo




What a week it was! I, along with the rest of Cincinnati, have been gearing up for what will be one of the craziest and exciting times of the year. Before all of that, I needed to take some me time and go down home before reality sets in: the week before Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, 1st of the month...yeah, you see where I'm going with this!

The second annual Cincinnati Black Restaurant Week was a time for our Black owned restaurants to showcase and represent the down home goodness of the Cincy food scene without leaving the 'Nati. Most important, this was a time to support Black businesses and to show Cincy our rich black heritage. So much to choose from with so little time, but the joints that I visited somehow spoke to me. Everyone of them did not disappoint!

I won't say too much about these (I'll save that for future posts!), but you can take a look, salivate, and decide for yourself!



Day1: $9.00 buffet, Ollie's Trolley



Day 2: Jerk Fish sandwich, plantains, and ginger punch, Island Frydays



Day 3: Buckeye Basket, K & J Seafood


Day 4: Judas (chicken) plate, Just Q'In


Day 5: $5.99 Catfish plate with Red Beans and Rice and Peach Cobbler, Goodie's



No comments:

Post a Comment